Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Conversions

I've always like conversions. They are a subtle way to add a bit of unique flavor into your minis. So today I think I will show off some of mine.

 Captain Sicarius Iron Halo Conversion

The banner on this guy was really poorly painted and made me cringe every time I looked at it. So what better way to fix that than to clip the dumb thing off? Plus, he fits a lot better in the travel case now.

 Assault On Black Reach Captain Conversion

This model was actually a repaint as well. Once I had all the paint stripped off, I figured I might as well add a helmet and change his backpack.

Space Marine Librarian Helmet Conversion

Terminator Librarian Storm Shield Conversion

Simply adding a helmet or modifying the wargear to make your model wysiwyg is a great way to start converting your models.

Red Corsair Plasma Gun Mutation Conversion

Obliterator Terminator Helmet Conversion

Now I can't honestly take credit for these two conversions, but that plasma gun arm is pretty sick. And hey, if you have a spare terminator helmet laying around, look how good it looks on the obliterator!

Havoc Launcher Conversion

Now I do love to magnetize my weapon options, so this conversion was done to make my rhino options wysiwyg. Plus, since it's magnetized, it even swivels around!

Dark Vengeance Apothecary Conversion

So since Dark Vengeance terminators are so abundant at the moment, I decided to take advantage of the cheap offers on ebay and buy too many. Since I also managed to acquire some Deathwing Knights via a friend, I had the spare bits left over to make an entire command squad. I'm actually painting up the last member of the command squad at the moment. (keep an eye out for that update.) Anyway, look what can be achieved from just swapping a few arms around!

Grey Knight Space Marine Librarian Conversion

This last one was done by my friend Corey. It is a custom librarian made from a grey knights kit! What a great idea! This certainly gives you a lot of options for modeling wargear. I may just make my own librarian in the future.

Anywho that's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment