Monday, May 2, 2022

New paint jobs/Custom codex

Welcome back to THE Obsidian Tower. I've got my paint station set up again and I have done a little bit of painting. It's nice to make a little bit of progress on the forever backlog. This time I couldn't resist painting a couple of Ultramarines.

Chronus can actually command the Land Raider now.

After all this time, he earned that veteran paint job.

Yeah I know I painted some more Ultramarines, but to be fair they have been in my backlog for half a decade. Painting again has given me some time to do a little bit of thinking. I think a lot about when I used to play regularly, and the old way of playing, before the dark times, before 8th edition. 

8th Edition "The Age of poopy"

That's what inspired me to create Battle Axe 40k. Now that I have done that, and have my own "core rules" to play with. I thought about how I always hated the look of the Space marine centurion. 

Cool conversion somebody did on reddit

When it is finally updated, it will probably turn into a Primaris marine. I thought about how I would change it if there were no Primaris marines. I don't think it would be too hard to make it look cool. Then I started thinking about what else I would change about the Space Marines, and that sort of spiraled into a full redo of the codex. 

  So I made my own space marine codex.

I don't think I'll post it because I'm certain it would violate some kind of copyright. Try to imagine a lot of copy and paste rules and points costs from the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th edition space marine books made into something useable. It's part wish list, part 'best of', if you know what I mean. 

I wish, "You lose!"

It's sort of a mash-up between old and new (more old than new). I tried to be as fair as possible points-wise. I'm sure the point costs probably still need some adjusting. When it's finished, hopefully, it will basically be a book for all the space marines in my collection, and be tailor-made for playing "Battle Axe 40k"

If I ever do get around to playing with all the rules I've written I'll be sure to post about what was good and what needed to change.

Till then, paint one for me.

1 comment:

  1. You ought to send those rules to me, especially as I'm just over the mountain in JC now.

    ReplyDelete