Friday, October 1, 2021

Ranting about the new GW

    Welcome back. Last week I assaulted your eyeballs with my ramblings about the Badab war. After finishing the Badab war, I was considering adding Fabius Bile to the Red Corsair entourage. In the story, it is mentioned how Huron had his apothecaries perform genetic experiments on space marine DNA. I think it was so that he could bolster his force beyond the 1000-brother limit imposed by the Codex Astarte. If I remember correctly, he did have well over that amount by the time the loyalists were attacking the Palace of Thornes. Many of the other chapters in the story found genetic experimentation by the Astral Claws to be abhorrent when it came to light. Considering that, after Huron escaped into the maelstrom, I think he likely would have continued the genetic experiments. 

    Fabius Bile is known for being a corrupter with a passion for horribly mutating space marines. So in my mind, it's not too crazy that Huron and Fabius Bile could work together toward some horrible goal. Naturally, I looked on eBay for a Fabius Bile model.

He's pretty creepy looking with that skin cloak

Then I remembered, "Oh yeah didn't GW make a new version of this guy? Yeah, they did!"

Wow yeah, look at all that detail!

But then I got that sinking feeling. That feeling you get when you gotta roll a 2+ save but you know it's gonna be a 1. "I wonder how big they made him?"

*groan* It didn't take long to confirm my suspicion

    Of course, they made him gigantic. He's bigger than a Primaris! I'm pretty sure he's still just a regular space marine so I'm not sure how this makes sense.

I guess he had a growth spurt.

    I don't like Primaris Marines because it's plain to me that it's just GW changing everything in a feeble attempt to try to get me to buy the same stuff all over again. I might have been able to be persuaded if they made them look more varied like the mini-marines. But it seems like they are abandoning the old design AND replacing it at the same time. I bought into the game because I liked the look of the space marines. They were squatty and goofy sure, but that's what I liked about them. Why do they have to all look the same now? Why do all the tanks need to be totally overhauled into grav-vehicles? GW is losing what made the marines cool in the first place with all these updates. To make a comparison, these new marines feel more like Duplo blocks, rather than real the real Lego. Frankly, I don't need to feel any more like a toddler when I play with my toy soldiers.

    But perhaps that is what GW's new target audience is since they are now licensing action figures.

The *Real* True Scale Marine. That pose sort of reminds me...

Lmao, it's GW's new target demographic.

    Anyway, complaining aside, I'll still find my own way to enjoy this hobby regardless of petty things like marines I don't want to buy. Like painting the ones I already have! I painted a couple of new models since last time and I bet you would like to see them now. Feast your eyes!

We got a sneak peek of the guy in the back last time, but our new friend here has 3 arms! Sort of looks like something from Deadspace.

    Well, that's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment