Thursday, June 8, 2017

Update, THE MOST EFFECTIVE way to strip paint.

So last March, I posed about how I was stripping paint of some old models for a new paint job. Well i've discovered something VASTLY more effective than both Simple Green AND Pine-Sol.

"Burn ya eyes right out ya head,
skin gon slide off like a wet sock."

Glove up for this shit, because we're making models new again. Previously, I had a batch of space marines I had scrubbed like mad after soaking in pine-sol for nearly a week. It got most of it, but the most stubborn green paint in the recessed regions would not get off with all the elbow grease in the world. However, after being exposed to this stuff for 24 hours, simply melted away. Incredible! I highly recommend this if you are looking to get rid of the most stubborn acrylic!

1 comment:

  1. Dunno, I'm still a fan of submersing them in simple green, putting the container in the cabinet and forgetting about it for 12-18 months whilst they soak...

    ReplyDelete